Tuesday 13 December 2011

Hanging on the telephone…

I feel like my head's going to explode. I share an office with four people. We all have our own phone lines (0800 666 VOLE in my case). It's not a large office. I can traverse it in 5 steps. So if the person you wish to speak to isn't free, or there, you'll know within 10-15 seconds.

So WHY in the name of all that's holy, would you keep phoning back for a full 10 minutes? Over and over and over again, as though you think that persistence will bring some kind of reward. Only fear that I might utter bloodcurdling threats prevented me from breaking etiquette and answering my colleague's phone myself.

In any case, the little genius popped in to follow up her phone call. 'Is X in?', she asks me. Yes, he is. He's wearing an invisibility cloak, which is why you can't see him.

Bah. I need some phone music.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't X use voicemail then?

The Plashing Vole said...

I wish! Because none of us have worked out how to do it on these weird new phones! There are 6 stages to go through to find out whose call you've missed!

The Plashing Vole said...

And to set up other services, you have to copy a numeric website address over to your computer and go through a very complicated set of stages. Life's too short.