Monday 31 October 2011

Nice girl seeks strict grammarian

Another day, another lonely East European looking for love (or bank account details):
Nice to meet you,
Am miss Rebeca ,interested in you,
and wish to have you as my friend,
for a friend is all about Respect,Admiration and love passion also
friendship is consist of sharing of ideas and planing together,
i intend to send you my picture for you,if you reply me.
thanks from Rebecaa. (rebecamajer@live.com)
Sadly, I'm no Higgins. If I want to help illiterates with their grammar, punctuation and syntax, I turn to the pile of marking always hovering at my elbow.

Though I do enjoy a bit of carpentry, so 'planing together' is quite an appealing proposition, and I am wearing a plaid lumberjack shirt today, so I'm hot to trot. I assume that this is what Rebecaa looks like when at work on her building sites. But Rebecaa: for god's sake, WEAR SOME EYE PROTECTION! Honestly, the Health and Safety Executive would be horrified.


Rebecaa's so keen to meet me that she's emailed me twice, using different email addresses (the other one is rebeca.majer12@virgilio.it). You can't blame the girl for being persistent! 

4 comments:

ed said...

Blimey, when did PV get so racey?! And why hasn't Ewarwoowar commented yet?

The Plashing Vole said...

Ed! Welcome back! Where've you been?
Grumpy normal service will be resumed.

ed said...

I haven't gone anywhere Vole. I've just spent a couple of weeks celebrating the end of my MA with sleeping, reading, and more sleeping. Ironically I've become a layabout as a result of leaving higher education, rather than entering it. Bring on the doctorate!...Soon. Maybe. Perhaps. I'm going back to bed.

Ewarwoowar said...

Very funny, Ed. In my defence, she isn't my type.