Monday 10 October 2011

Advice for Students

If you haven't seen it, head over to Advice To Sink In Slowly, a lovely site which invites you to submit poster art bearing wise words for new students.

I have a few words, though no artistic vision, so I'll give them here. You may have seen them before.

1. If you don't say anything in class because you think you'll sound stupid, you're in good company: everybody else is thinking the same thing (except for the ones who haven't done the reading, or are thinking about dinner/sex/shoelaces). I was like this, and very shy, but forced myself to speak.

2. Things that are complicated are also the most interesting ones.

3. The harder it is to understand, the more worthwhile understanding it is.

These posters seemed quite relevant to me:



No comments: