Friday 1 July 2011

Meet the Union Bullies the Daily Mail Warned You About

This was yesterday's rather hysterical Daily Mail front page on the J30 rallies:

Now as you know, I'm a shy and retiring mammal with very little tendency towards thuggish bullying, and I suspect that the assorted teachers, lecturers, cleaners, lab techs and so on who joined me at yesterday's rally were, on the whole, not the types who would once have held your head down the toilet bowl or snapped your spectacles in the playground. 

And lo and behold, they weren't! Here are some of the pictures I took. Click on them to enlarge, or see the whole set here.




The face of evil


The unacceptable face of militant trades unionism

This man is a threat to your house prices, Mail readers!

Sarcasm… it's every teacher's WMD

Nearly a terrorist.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I have to say, I'm really rather disappointed that neither of my sons' schools were affected by yesterday's strike. I would have been fully supportive of the schools, had they closed - in fact I'd have happily taken my boys to be on the picket line. My eldest son thought it rather pathetic that the local paper's 'angle' was about parents being inconvenienced by having to find childcare for children from affected schools. Schools are not boarding kennels and there was a far bigger issue going on than that!

By the way, cute guy, leaning on the postbox!