Thursday 19 May 2011

Interlude…

Right, I'm off to Manchester to hang with the cool kids. Well, ex-cool kids: there won't be a single person at the Low gig with anything less than a Master's degree.

I should doff my hat to you Facebookers and Tweeters: annoyed by the spam from IDS Ltd., you've linked to my cheeky reply to the bastards in droves: more visitors in the last hour than I usually get in a day.

Total
59,566
  
  
Average Per Day
97
  
  
Average Visit Length
2:27
  
  
Last Hour
132
  
  
Today
590



I'll leave you with a taste from the CD I got yesterday: Japanese percussionist Kuniko's arrangement of Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint. If you're an incredible hifi nerd, you can go here to listen in Studio Master 192Khz 24bit quality and a range of other versions before deciding which to buy. I'm in my 30s so my ears are degraded beyond the point of caring.



and her Sound Space Experiment:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there won't be a single person at the Low gig with anything less than a Master's degree.

Oh the shame of it - all those fans up themselves!

The Plashing Vole said...

I was being a bit tongue in cheek. There was a mix of students, postgraduate students and university lecturers. And teachers! It wasn't particularly up itself as a gig. Quite reverent though.

Anonymous said...

Ok you're forgiven