Tuesday 27 July 2010

So ronery…

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that some naughty people had nicknamed our aloof, grand (and not-very-good) Vice-Chancellor Kim Jong-*****. I meant to post the lyrics to Team America's 'So Ronery', which really do evoke the loneliness of command far removed from reality in an institution wounded by incompetence:

I'm So Ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone 

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne 
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry 

And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me 

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage 
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage 

I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me 
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me

I'm so ronery 

4 comments:

Knacker of the Yard said...

Dear Mr. Vole,

I came across some professed musical favourites of your VC Kim Jong. Can you make some discrete local enquiries as to the background for these choices ?

- "The Conquering Hero Comes,which was played at our wedding."

Legend has it that this is a reference to the allegation that she dragged her victim up the aisle by his hair. Can you confirm ?

- "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, as it reminds me of growing up."

A quick desk check for class A substances should suffice.

- "a song that reminds me of a special holiday, That’s my Number by Toots & The Maytals"

Any association with an alleged gigolo and an alleged hotel room in the Latin quarter of Walsall ?

The Plashing Vole said...

All true, except for the suggestions that Walsall has a Latin quarter. The Classics are dead.

imperium sine fine said...

Old Walsall saying:

"Per aspera ad astra" - 'ard work can get yow a Vauxhall

Latin's still gooin' strong 'ere, Voley

The Plashing Vole said...

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately, 'per aspera' means 'through adversity'. 'Per ardua' means 'ard work'!