Thursday 22 July 2010

Morons! The Bus is Leaving!

Weirdly, I was trawling up and down the pool this morning, avoiding the harpoons from the Japanese fleet which shadows my every stroke, thinking about lines from Groundhog Day, which I haven't seen for 15 years.

Then I see this interview with Bill Murray, the kind of thing I wouldn't normally read if I hadn't had one of his films on my mind.

It's got some funny lines. This is my favourite:
Well, how about Garfield? Can you explain that to me? Did you just do it for the dough?

I looked at the script, and it said, "So-and-so and Joel Coen." And I thought: Christ, well, I love those Coens! They're funny. 
So I sat down and watched the whole thing, and I kept saying, "Who the hell cut this thing? Who did this? What the fuck was Coen thinking?" And then they explained it to me: It wasn't written by that Joel Coen. That's why, when they say, "Any regrets?" at the end of Zombieland, I say, "Well, maybe Garfield."



No comments: