Wednesday 9 June 2010

World Cup Nonsense

I'm so sick of every TV show, advert and person I talk to shoehorning in an unconvincing World Cup reference that I'm seriously toying with ignoring the whole shebang due to overload.

Peter Crouch's Pringles ad is utterly shameful (part of your balanced diet, Peter?), and a local estate agent is festooned with England flags advertising 'The Big Housing Event Kick Off': that's right, I love football, so I think I'll buy a house.

So I'm going to start collecting particularly egregious examples of these shameless cash-ins. First up, the rozzers and their anti-drink driving campaign. Can't argue with the purpose but still…

4 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

You are such a misery guts Voley!

I'm almost exploding with excitement.

Sue's Blog said...

The English team are useless. In my opinion they are grotesquely overpaid, and over-hyped.

Benjamin Judge said...

Vole, Vole, Vole. Don't get the hype and the event confused.

Sue, Sue, Sue. Useless? Really?

What a couple of spoil sports. I'm with Ewar on this one. Last night I realised we were going to a friends house for tea tomorrow and all I could do was splutter "but..but..the football, the football"

Oh and for the record, while you can argue that Premiership footballers earn too much, England players donate money earned representing England to charity. Yes they are very rich already and that, but they play for the country for free.

Oh yes. One last thing... (deep breath) FoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin Judge said...

ttttttttbaallllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!