Thursday 18 March 2010

Work, work, work

(Image contains swearing)

I'm off on a field trip today - taking some students to Ironbridge, the World Heritage Site that was the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, before coming back for my evening teaching. I recommend a visit: it's a dramatic river gorge with a ruined abbey (Buildwas) at one end and the most graceful Thomas Telford cast-iron bridge spanning the river. There's also an excellent Pie Shoppe. Here's one of Sabine's photographs. She's taken thousands of beautiful Shropshire: see them here.



Meanwhile - here's a comedy t-shirt I've just received, which will come in very useful should I ever dare wear it.






3 comments:

violet said...

an iron bridge?

hope at some point your sang quietly 'under the iron bridge, we kissed...'???

The Plashing Vole said...

Unfortunately, I ended up with sore lips.

violet said...

ah, quite- yes, aging IS hard.
it's just not like the old days anymore....