Wednesday 10 March 2010

Office life

I share an office with 3 others, two of whom are course leaders. We print things.

Me to admin staff: Can we have a new cartridge for the office printer please?
Them: I need to get price and approval before ordering for you.  I'll let you
know.

Insane. Certainly not the fault of admin staff, but frustrating nevertheless: it's not like I've asked them to install a jacuzzi. Neither they nor we should be spending our time deciding whether we need and can afford a printer cartridge… Aaargghhhhh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pay all this money on fee's and they've got so tight on printing and photocopying!

The Plashing Vole said...

Fees don't actually cover much - but they seem to think that being inefficient over this kind of thing will somehow save us financially. Bureaucracy costs money - more than staff printing costs!

Some Chilean Woman said...

Sad. I feel somewhat empowered by the fact that I am the office supplies person; I just ordered some excellent quality cartridges yesterday as a matter of fact. If you worked with me you'd never have to ask, I'd just buy it. I love my job.

The Plashing Vole said...

Can you send me a cartridge for an HP Laserjet 4100tn? Thank!