Friday 11 December 2009

So, farewell then

It's the last official day of term. I've seen and been phoned by many students and there's an air of good will about the place. To ensure its continuance, you've earned a break from my humourless ranting. Apart from the habitual weekend break (this week enhanced by a charity ball), I'm off to visit my personal banker for Monday and Tuesday.

No, not as a one-man lynch mob: the gentleman in question is a distinguished friend, despite his possession of two model light sabres. Who'd have thought he works in the IT department?

I won't be back at work until Wednesday. As the proud possessor of an enhanced CRB form, I'm considered safe to present some poems with Zoot Horn, to an audience of literally several enraptured sixth-form students.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: