Thursday 10 December 2009

Morning! Slightly delayed

I started with a boring Friday and ended up having an interesting one. After the usual horrible swim, I went to buy… bedding. Very exciting. Then I bumped into a friend who required a little medical help. I am a Dr., but not that kind, so off we went.

I did get to see the air ambulance land (not for us), which was exciting. Strangely, one of the crew was filming the patient being hauled out of the 'copter. Is there a sign somewhere inside saying 'this life and death mercy dash will be filmed for training purposes'? Or do they film all trips in case ITV3 needs another cheap 'documentary'? It must be quite a moneyspinner. Major accidents must have competing crews from different TV stations trying to keep each  other out of shot ('John is filming for Britain's Twattiest Drivers. Will he get to the body before Neil, who collects flanges and dislikes mayonnaise, working for Crash Cops? Find out… after the break').

I wonder what constitutes informed consent when you're being airlifted in an emergency. Do they do make-up? 'More blood, now!'.

PS. Just to make the Americans jealous, emergency care and an ambulance call cost precisely £0. Good, isn't it?

PPS. This morning's excitement reminded me how kind and friendly the Great British Public are. All sorts of people of various ages, classes and subcultures stopped to help without a thought for where they should be or what they might be late for.

5 comments:

Adam said...

Is it really Friday in Wolverhampton? If so can you txt me the winning lotto numbers?

Adam said...

Is it really Friday in Wolverhampton? If so can you txt me the winning lotto numbers?

Newton Heath 18 said...

I have some boring Fridays before -but never on a Thursday.

Ewarwoowar said...

If so, I demand a Friday conundrum.

The Plashing Vole said...

48 32 13 29 64 71

There you go.

Well-spotted. I've had a hard week and it feels like it should be Friday.