Wednesday 19 August 2009

Halfords: liars

A few days ago, I wrote about how friendly and helpful Halfords were when I took my bike in for the brake and gear cables to be changed. I didn't mind having to wait ten days because they were busy. I was pleased when the guy said he'd be able to do it 'today or tomorrow at the latest'.

I was less pleased but still fine when I called four days later to be told that the bike was 'half done' and it would be ready the next day.

I was downright annoyed when I called in today, assuming I could collect it, only to find that, far from being 'half done', it was completely untouched. A simple phone call to apologise for the delay would have kept me happy. Being blatantly lied to, on the other hand, just makes me angry.

So angry that I'm going to spend the day buying books. Oh, and looking at a flat.

2 comments:

Sue's Blog said...

It is really annoying when people behave like that. Have they given you a satisfactory explanation for not mending your bike on time?
If not, why don’t you write to the CEO of Halfords and explain your situation. He needs to know what is going on within his organization so that problems like this can be addressed. Halfords will lose customers, as people don’t like being fobbed off and lied to

Zoot Horn said...

Write, and be sure to sign it using your title.