Monday 3 August 2009

The birthday that keeps on giving

I'm almost 34 and one month old, yet gifts keep arriving.

Cynical Ben, my partner in crime on The Culture, Cheese and Pineapple - now open - has sent me presents which seem to form part of an attempt to toughen me up. Jenn Ashworth's A Kind of Intimacy, in which a fat stalker gets obsessed with the neighbour, leading to 'a bloody climax' (Ben likes it), Faith No More's Angel Dust, and Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power, to which I haven't listened since I was 16, except for 'Walk'. Cool!

I think that's enough from me for today. I'm away tomorrow, meeting my old friend (the friendship's old, not the friend) Victoria in Chester tomorrow for lunch, gossip and - inevitably - bookhunting. Au revoir

1 comment:

Benjamin Judge said...

There should be another three presents still winding their way to you. I love Amazon (though I probably shouldn't)