Sunday 21 June 2009

Wisdom from the master

I went shopping recently, and reported to you that it was a dispiriting experience. I was right, and my instincts have been justified by an impeccable source. Who said this?

I look forward to an eco-friendly future where everyone wears drab and similar clothes until they wear out, just like I do. Obviously I don't do it out of environmental conscience, but laziness and the fear that, if I try to demonstrate taste, I'll be exposed as a twat.

But however puny my motives, I am basically right not to buy expensive yet flimsy new togs all the time.


That's right. My alter ego in his latest column, amongst many other pearls of wisdom.

4 comments:

Benjamin Judge said...

OK this has to stop. Some people like clothes. Some people like books.

People like different things. You cannot say someone who buys a new dress is destroying the planet but someone who buys a Star Trek boxset isn't. Is your Star Trek boxset organic?

Also don't you have about fifteen pairs of shoes?

He is right about wheelie bins but he is, and you are, wrong about clothes.

The Plashing Vole said...

Relax, young Cynical. Sometimes you just don't pick up my sense of humour. Don't take me so seriously. Nobody else does.

Benjamin Judge said...

Sorry. I just watched The Happening and it made me very angry. Plus you haven't replied to my e-mail about the thing. You know the thing. That secret thing that I sent you the email about with the thing.

The Plashing Vole said...

Never heard of The Happening. And I have replied to you this morning. So there.