Friday 12 June 2009

A Friday Friday conundrum this time

It's so late! Sorry everybody, I've had a load of work to do, and I got caught up in the Guardian's Readers Recommend shenanigans - see if you can work out who I am, as I've picked a different username for reasons that now escape me. I'm around page 7.

So anyway, I was wallowing up and down in the pool with all the grace of an escaped bouncy castle, and wondered why I was doing this - the answer, of course, is so that I can slave away for some of you for an extra few years rather than gratefully accepting the massive heart-attack which was pencilled in for about 2015. So today's question is:

What do you do unwillingly, because they're good for you, or because others expect it of you?

(Were it not swimming, I could put 'turn up for work', though actually when things are going well, it's brilliant). I also go to Mass at Christmas with the family simply for a quiet life, and (this may amaze you), I often shut up when internally I'm screaming with fury and have something very offensive to say. My PGCE colleagues called me Mr Angry, which seems most unfair.

7 comments:

Dan said...

ymudiadcymraeg has to be you, the one with the massive list of stuff, some of which I'll try to check out.

I unwillingly play pool against my mate who used to play for the county. I endlessly hope for him to pot both the black and white, which happened last week. An act which meant he had to part with some money. Unwillingly, I suspect.

Newton Heath 18 said...

I have given up smoking (again)
Watched my nephews in school plays

I have others and will be back I need to go do the office lunch run (unwillingly) as the only girl it's expected.

The Plashing Vole said...

Damn you're good, Merciless. Is it your birthday today?
At least you've made your friend suffer once.

Emma - we'll see about that non-smoking business later, shall we? Spit in their food. Or only buy them fish-based food, as it's Friday and you're a good Irish Catholic.

Dan said...

Not really, it was Welsh, I'm guessing - either that or you had a fit on your keyboard.
My birthday was yesterday. Thanks for your good wishes.

Newton Heath 18 said...

I've just begrudgingly shared my white mice (the confectionery not real ones)

The Deer Friend said...

- Sing the Carpenters. My mad guitarist (not dear Zoot Horn) likes them.
- Sing 'springtime has always been my favorite time of year, a time for lovers holding hands in the rain' without giggling in an otherwise quite nice Prince song (Daring to use the words 'nice' and 'Prince' in one and the same sentence on this blog...But hey, some you must have enjoyed Nothing Compares to You or Purple Rain at some stage...well, maybe not).
- Eat liver to please a boy-friend's mum.
- Pretend to pray to please a boy-friend's dad (I would NOT do that anymore!).

The Plashing Vole said...

Good list, Deer. You're right, I'm not a Prince fan. Nor of liver. Or praying.