Tuesday 16 June 2009

Death to… well, somebody. A recount, at least.

The Iranians are participating in the democratic process with some energy today. Follow it live here, or (if you must), at twitter (#iranelection).

I'm in the office (of course) avoiding looking at my final PGCE essay. Instead, I'm trying to quell the panic while I fail to understand what I should be doing with my Workload Allocation Form, Scholarly Activity Form, Appraisal Form and all the other things which document how much work I couldn't get out of last year, and how much labour will be extracted from me next year. What I really want to do is get back to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which is actually brilliant, though the author occasionally regresses to American English expressions and spellings. Still, Elizabeth Bennett is even feistier (and perhaps kinkier) than she was in Austen's first attempt.

2 comments:

neal said...

It's interesting that twitter was the only communication network not blocked in Iran. Seem that shiite islam is at worst indifferent to it and at best loves it, whereas the vole seems to have a bit of an obsession with it.

Any scholars about?

The Plashing Vole said...

Only because they hadn't heard of it. I can see the point of it there. Just not here. Nothing's that urgent.