Tuesday 17 February 2009

Yet more people have spoken

A student identifying itself as 'Albrecht von Hohenzollern' (you must be from from History or RS) wishes me to discuss Stoke City in more depth. Happy to oblige, though I detect a degree of sarcasm - you won't be laughing when we stay up and Wolves come to the obligatory juddering halt in the play-offs. 

I have £1 on Stoke qualifying for the Champions' League, thanks to Ben. Odds of 6,500-1. Then you won't see me for dust. I'll spend it on a plane towing a big banner over Wolves with some revolting jibe about the yam-yams. 

I also have £5 on Stoke surviving, which is money in the bank especially as we've another game against West Brom coming up. Cyrille Regis played for them the last time they beat us. 

5 comments:

Newton Heath 18 said...

I wouldn't bet on Stoke going down, but then I want to see Newcastle where they belong. In response to an earlier post, I read your blog daily and wouldn't a change thing.

Benjamin Judge said...

But where do Newcastle belong? Be more specific Emma. Do they belong in the top flight because they are a big club or do they belong in the lower leagues because they are a shambles of a club at the moment?

I certainly agree that the blog doesn't need changing. If anything I might say more Aidan and less politics but that is just a personal thing.

Benjamin Judge said...

And when you click on Emma you don't get a page. Is 'Emma' just Aidan pretending to be someone who likes the blog.

Newton Heath 18 said...

I can confirm that I am not Aidan. Although, Aidan pays me well for my comments.
Ben,
re: Newcastle
All I will say is Leeds thought they were good but then learned humility in League One.........

Benjamin Judge said...

I was hoping that was what you meant re Newcastle. But then that is what Aidan would say isn't it. So still not convinced you are actually a person. Sorry.