Friday 16 January 2009

Academic top tips for students

Students: when copying and pasting from Wikipedia and other webpages, take the time to change the font to the same one you're using in the rest of the essay. Removing the hyperlinks is also a good idea when trying to make me think that you wrote the paragraphs in question. Otherwise there's no challenge or fun playing these games of mental chess…

Emma from Limerick suggests that instead of handing plagiarised essays in, you could send me the URL of whatever site you plan to plunder. Then I could mark you on your choice of source and no paper is wasted, thus saving the environment.

5 comments:

Benjamin Judge said...

I couldn't agree more, Sanctions

[edit] Academia
In the academic world, plagiarism by students is a very serious offense that can result in punishments such as a failing grade.

I personally believe that Plagiarism From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Plagerism)
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Plagiarism (disambiguation).
Plagiarism is the use or close imitation of the language

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

I get sick and tired of people plagiarising and trying to pass it off (whether they are too stupid to know the difference or not) as paraphrasing and I think enforcing the use of page numbers for 'paraphrases' is the way forward.

Benjamin Judge said...

I agree with Vik. Copying makes me sick. Personally I get sick and tired of people plagiarising and trying to pass it off (whether they are too stupid to know the difference or not) as paraphrasing and I think enforcing the use of page numbers for 'paraphrases' is the way forward.

Benjamin Judge said...

Ho Ho Ho

Jack said...

The coming life of the student is depend upon that how he or she is working on the present. If you want to get the get the perfect tips for your education area then come here and visit the website to enhance your skills and save your time with this a great source of academic help.